Tuesday, July 17, 2007

#30 Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber

This morning I lolled in bed finishing Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber by Adele Lang. It was meant to be a light-hearted bit of chick lit fluff (and that's not an insult, by the way). But the main character is a mean, bitter, self-obsessed bitch that I found annoying after the first 3rd or so. It still had its amusing moments so I kept reading but it really did turn into some sort of pathetic farce. I just don't buy someone being as bad that and not coming to a grisly end. Unless she was just stupid.

Either way, the only thing I'm grateful for is the author didn't have the "heroine" suddenly realize what a monster she'd been and go through some sort of redemption. She kept Katya as nasty as ever to the bitter end. Not a fun read, though.

No comments: