Tuesday, July 17, 2007

#31 Faking It

Yesterday I finished Faking It by Jennifer Crusie. It's so friggin' hot in my apartment I can't sleep and I tore thru it. I picked it up at a library sale and wasn't sure if it would be good, but for $1 I gave it a chance. Quite good, with a cast of characters odd enough to make you interested but not so out there to put you off. I hope she brings them back in another book. I should check on that...

Did I mention the apartments suck? They don't turn on the air conditioning until it's 90 degrees for 3 days. Since we're working nights, a lot of our crew was trying to sleep in the hotbox conditions and we got them to turn it on sooner. Unfortunately, the system isn't AC, it's a "chiller" which is akin to having someone suck on an ice cube then blow at you from 4 feet away. Not effective. They bought fans for everyone but I didn't get one until last night when T gave me hers. It was the first decent night's sleep I've had since it started warming up.

No comments: