Tuesday, July 17, 2007

#32 Haunted Places: The National Directory

Last night I finished Haunted Places: The National Directory by Dennis William Hauck. It's a state by state listing of a bunch of haunted sites, sacred areas, and ufo sightings. The husband got it for me because the building in Santa Fe where I was working was listed in it.

It was an ok read; some of the entries were fairly basic and didn't give a lot of detail, while others were more in-depth. They talked about photos that had been taken but didn't reproduce them in the book. It really needed a more careful proofreading than it got - nearly drove me nuts with all the left out words and duplications. And I couldn't believe the addresses that were listed. Seems like a good way to get stalkers and crap looking for ghosts.

I thought about passing it along to N because she likes this stuff as much as I do. If the husband was still coming to get me then I would've traded it in at the bookstore, but I guess now she can read it if she wants.

No comments: